Contact us about this book

Gonzalo Fanjul Suarez / Marc Graño Plaza
We Are the 99%

(Somos el 99%)

Children and Young Adult / Non-Fiction

  • Published: 16/03/2017
  • ISBN: 9788420484631
  • 224 pages

We live in a world in which 1 % of the population makes all the political, economic, and social decisions, and not in the interests of the remaining 99 %. This is a book filled with interesting facts that will open young readers’ eyes to a reality that will affect them more than anyone.

Through the story of five characters (and their bicycles), we discover what inequality is, how it affects our lives, and how we can help each other. In simple, engaging language, and with the help of illustrations and graphs, this book has a three-pronged objective: to inform us, to get us to experiences better, understand other people’s experiences, and to propose simple strategies we can all adopt to make the distribution of wealth and opportunities more fair and equal.